- Paleoclimatic evolution of the SW and NE South China Sea and its relationship with spectral reflectance data over various age scales. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology. 525:25-43. 2019
- High-resolution and high-precision correlation of dark and light layers in the Quaternary hemipelagic sediments of the Japan Sea recovered during IODP Expedition 346 2018
- Rapid transition from continental breakup to igneous oceanic crust in the South China Sea. Nature Geoscience. 11:782-789. 2018
- Geochemical evidence for initiation of the modern Mekong delta in the southwestern South China Sea after 8 Ma. Chemical Geology. 451:38-54. 2017
- Reconstructing chemical weathering, physical erosion and monsoon intensity since 25Ma in the northern South China Sea: A review of competing proxies. Earth-Science Reviews. 130:86-102. 2014
- Holocene evolution in weathering and erosion patterns in the Pearl River delta. Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems. 14:2349-2368. 2013
- Below-ground process responses to elevated CO2 and temperature: a discussion of observations, measurement methods, and models. New Phytologist. 162:311-322. 2004
- Can current moisture responses predict soil CO<sub>2</sub> efflux under altered precipitation regimes? A synthesis of manipulation experiments. Biogeosciences. 11:2991-3013.
- Corrigendum to "Can current moisture responses predict soil CO2 efflux under altered precipitation regimes? A synthesis of manipulation experiments". Biogeosciences. 11:3307-3308.