- Lightning as a major driver of recent large fire years in North American boreal forests 2017
- Black carbon aerosol dynamics and isotopic composition in Alaska linked with boreal fire emissions and depth of burn in organic soils. Global Biogeochemical Cycles. 29:1977-2000. 2015
- Quantifying fire-wide carbon emissions in interior Alaska using field measurements and Landsat imagery 2014
- Mapping the daily progression of large wildland fires using MODIS active fire data. International Journal of Wildland Fire. 23:655-655. 2014
- Daily burned area and carbon emissions from boreal fires in Alaska. Biogeosciences. 12:3579-3601.