- Fire, fragmentation, and windstorms: A recipe for tropical forest degradation. Journal of Ecology. 107:656-667. 2019
- Early recruitment responses to interactions between frequent fires, nutrients, and herbivory in the southern Amazon.. Oecologia Oecologia. 178:807-817. 2015
- Long-term changes in forest carbon under temperature and nitrogen amendments in a temperate northern hardwood forest.. Global Change Biology. 19:2389-2400. 2013
- Interactions between repeated fire, nutrients, and insect herbivores affect the recovery of diversity in the southern Amazon.. Oecologia Oecologia. 172:219-229. 2013
- Soil respiration at mean annual temperature predicts annual total across vegetation types and biomes.. Biogeosciences. 7:2147-2157. 2010
- Drought effects on litterfall, wood production and belowground carbon cycling in an Amazon forest: results of a throughfall reduction experiment.. Philosophical Transactions B. 363:1839-1848. 2008
- Nutrient Addition Prompts Rapid Destabilization of Organic Matter in an Arctic Tundra Ecosystem. Ecosystems Ecosystems. 11:16-25. 2008
- Vertical partitioning of CO2 production within a temperate forest soil. Global Change Biology. 12:944-956. 2006
- Effects of experimental drought on soil respiration and radiocarbon efflux from a temperate forest soil. Global Change Biology. 12:177-193. 2006
- Forest structure and carbon dynamics in Amazonian tropical rain forests.. Oecologia Oecologia. 140:468-479. 2004
- Commentary: Carbon Metabolism of the Terrestrial Biosphere: A Multitechnique Approach for Improved Understanding. Ecosystems Ecosystems. 3:115-130. 2000
- The role of deep roots in the hydrological and carbon cycles of Amazonian forests and pastures. Nature Nature. 372:666-669. 1994
- Predicting decadal trends and transient responses of radiocarbon storage and fluxes in a temperate forest soil. Biogeosciences. 9:3013-3028.
- Vertical partitioning of CO2 production within a temperate forest soil. Global Change Biology. 13:922-922.