- Reduction in carbon uptake during turn of the century drought in western North America. Nature Geoscience. 5:551-556. 2012
- Observations and assessment of forest carbon dynamics following disturbance in North America. JOURNAL OF GEOPHYSICAL RESEARCH-BIOGEOSCIENCES. 117:n/a-n/a. 2012
- Model comparisons for estimating carbon emissions from North American wildland fire. JOURNAL OF GEOPHYSICAL RESEARCH-BIOGEOSCIENCES. 116. 2011
- Assessing net ecosystem carbon exchange of U.S. terrestrial ecosystems by integrating eddy covariance flux measurements and satellite observations. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology. 151:60-69. 2011
- Reduction of forest soil respiration in response to nitrogen deposition. Nature Geoscience. 3:315-322. 2010
- Assimilation exceeds respiration sensitivity to drought: A FLUXNET synthesis. Global Change Biology. 16:657-670. 2010
- CO? balance of boreal, temperate, and tropical forests derived from a global database. Global Change Biology. 13:2509-2537. 2007
- Below-ground process responses to elevated CO2 and temperature: a discussion of observations, measurement methods, and models. New Phytologist. 162:311-322. 2004
- Belowground carbon allocation in forests estimated from litterfall and IRGA-based soil respiration measurements. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology. 113:39-51. 2002
- A model-data intercomparison of CO2exchange across North America: Results from the North American Carbon Program site synthesis
- Evaluating the agreement between measurements and models of net ecosystem exchange at different times and timescales using wavelet coherence: an example using data from the North American Carbon Program Site-Level Interim Synthesis. Biogeosciences. 10:6893-6909.
- Impacts of climate change on fire regimes and carbon stocks of the U.S. Pacific Northwest. Journal of Geophysical Research. 116.