- Harmonization of land-use scenarios for the period 1500–2100: 600 years of global gridded annual land-use transitions, wood harvest, and resulting secondary lands. Climatic Change. 109:117-161. 2011
- The underpinnings of land-use history: three centuries of global gridded land-use transitions, wood-harvest activity, and resulting secondary lands. Global Change Biology. 12:1208-1229. 2006
- Projecting the future of the U.S. carbon sink.. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 99:1389-1394. 2002
- Consistent land- and atmosphere-based U.S. carbon sink estimates.. Science Science. 292:2316-2320. 2001
- Can we reconcile differences in estimates of carbon fluxes from land-use change and forestry for the 1990s?. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics. 8:3291-3310.