- Contributions of high- and low-quality patches to a metapopulation with stochastic disturbance. Theoretical Ecology. 5:167-179. 2012
- Demography and dispersal: invasion speeds and sensitivity analysis in periodic and stochastic environments. Theoretical Ecology. 4:407-421. 2011
- Climate change threatens polar bear populations: a stochastic demographic analysis.. Ecology. 91:2883-2897. 2010
- Survival and breeding of polar bears in the southern Beaufort Sea in relation to sea ice.. Journal of Animal Ecology. 79:117-127. 2010
- Rebuttal of “Polar Bear Population Forecasts: A Public-Policy Forecasting Audit”. Interfaces. 39:353-369. 2009
- The use of the vec-permutation matrix in spatial matrix population models. Ecological Modelling. 188:15-21. 2005
- Selective harvest of sooty shearwater chicks: effects on population dynamics and sustainability. Journal of Animal Ecology. 74:589-600. 2005
- Sensitivity analysis of equilibrium in density-dependent matrix population models. Ecology Letters. 7:380-387.