- Harmonization of land-use scenarios for the period 1500–2100: 600 years of global gridded annual land-use transitions, wood harvest, and resulting secondary lands. Climatic Change. 109:117-161. 2011
- BELOWGROUND CONSEQUENCES OF VEGETATION CHANGE AND THEIR TREATMENT IN MODELS. Ecological Applications. 10:470-483. 2000
- Modeled responses of terrestrial ecosystems to elevated atmospheric CO2: a comparison of simulations by the biogeochemistry models of the Vegetation/Ecosystem Modeling and Analysis Project (VEMAP).. Oecologia Oecologia. 114:389-404. 1998
- A framework for benchmarking land models. Biogeosciences. 9:3857-3874.
- Observing the carbon-climate system