- Definition and measurement of tree cover: A comparative analysis of field-, lidar- and landsat-based tree cover estimations in the Sierra national forests, USA. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology. 268:258-268. 2019
- Can carbon emissions from tropical deforestation drop by 50% in 5 years?. Global Change Biology. 22:1336-1347. 2016
- Pan-tropical hinterland forests: mapping minimally disturbed forests. Global Ecology. 25:151-163. 2016
- Aboveground carbon loss in natural and managed tropical forests from 2000 to 2012. Environmental Research Letters. 10:074002-074002. 2015
- Reductions in emissions from deforestation from Indonesia's moratorium on new oil palm, timber, and logging concessions.. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 112:1328-1333. 2015
- Slowing Amazon deforestation through public policy and interventions in beef and soy supply chains.. Science Science. 344:1118-1123. 2014
- National-scale estimation of gross forest aboveground carbon loss: a case study of the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Environmental Research Letters. 8:044039-044039. 2013
- High-resolution global maps of 21st-century forest cover change.. Science Science. 342:850-853. 2013
- Mapping and monitoring deforestation and forest degradation in Sumatra (Indonesia) using Landsat time series data sets from 1990 to 2010. Environmental Research Letters. 7:034010-034010. 2012
- Carbon emissions from tropical deforestation and regrowth based on satellite observations for the 1980s and 1990s.. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 99:14256-14261. 2002
- Carbon emissions from land use and land-cover change. Biogeosciences. 9:5125-5142.
- Corrigendum: Aboveground carbon loss in natural and managed tropical forests from 2000 to 2012 (2015 Environ. Res. Lett. 10 074002). Environmental Research Letters. 13:109501-109501.