- Best practices for scientific computing.. PLoS biology. 12:e1001745. 2014
- Recurrent jellyfish blooms are a consequence of global oscillations.. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 110:1000-1005. 2013
- Questioning the Rise of Gelatinous Zooplankton in the World's Oceans. Bioscience. 62:160-169. 2012
- Deep-sea, swimming worms with luminescent "bombs".. Science Science. 325:964. 2009
- Bioluminescence Intensity Modeling and Sampling Strategy Optimization*. Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology. 22:1267-1281. 2005
- Numerical Modeling of Bioluminescence Distributions in the Coastal Ocean*. Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology. 20:1060-1068. 2003
- How to tag a jellyfish? A methodological review and guidelines to successful jellyfish tagging. Journal of Plankton Research.