- Recent trends and drivers of regional sources and sinks of carbon dioxide. Biogeosciences. 12:653-679. 2015
- Markedly divergent estimates of Amazon forest carbon density from ground plots and satellites.. Global Ecology. 23:935-946. 2014
- Does the disturbance hypothesis explain the biomass increase in basin-wide Amazon forest plot data. Global Change Biology. 15:2418-2430. 2009
- Oceanic sources, sinks, and transport of atmospheric CO2. Global Biogeochemical Cycles. 23:n/a-n/a. 2009
- Inverse estimates of the oceanic sources and sinks of natural CO2 and the implied oceanic carbon transport. Global Biogeochemical Cycles. 21. 2007
- Consistent land- and atmosphere-based U.S. carbon sink estimates.. Science Science. 292:2316-2320. 2001
- The carbon balance of South America: a review of the status, decadal trends and main determinants. Biogeosciences. 9:5407-5430.
- The declining uptake rate of atmospheric CO<sub>2</sub> by land and ocean sinks. Biogeosciences. 11:3453-3475.