- Temperature response of soil respiration largely unaltered with experimental warming.. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 113:13797-13802. 2016
- Past, Present, and Future Roles of Long-Term Experiments in the LTER Network. Bioscience. 62:377-389. 2012
- Looking deeper into the soil: biophysical controls and seasonal lags of soil CO2 production and efflux.. Ecological Applications. 20:1569-1582. 2010
- Shrub encroachment in North American grasslands: shifts in growth form dominance rapidly alters control of ecosystem carbon inputs. Global Change Biology. 14:615-623. 2008
- Can current moisture responses predict soil CO<sub>2</sub> efflux under altered precipitation regimes? A synthesis of manipulation experiments. Biogeosciences. 11:2991-3013.
- Corrigendum to "Can current moisture responses predict soil CO2 efflux under altered precipitation regimes? A synthesis of manipulation experiments". Biogeosciences. 11:3307-3308.