- Soil respiration in a northeastern US temperate forest: a 22-year synthesis 2013
- Consequences of nitrogen fertilization on soil methane consumption in a productive temperate deciduous forest. Biology and Fertility of Soils. 41:182-189. 2005
- Chronic nitrogen additions reduce total soil respiration and microbial respiration in temperate forest soils at the Harvard Forest. Forest Ecology and Management. 196:43-56. 2004
- Soil Fluxes of Carbon Dioxide, Nitrous Oxide, and Methane at a Productive Temperate Deciduous Forest. Journal of environmental quality. 29:268-268. 2000
- Forest Response to Disturbance and Anthropogenic Stress. Bioscience. 47:437-445. 1997
- BIOGEOCHEMICAL RESPONSE OF FOREST ECOSYSTEMS TO SIMULATED CHRONIC NITROGEN DEPOSITION. Ecological Applications. 7:402-415. 1997
- Factors controlling atmospheric methane consumption by temperate forest soils. Global Biogeochemical Cycles. 9:1-10. 1995
- Contributions of aboveground litter, belowground litter, and root respiration to total soil respiration in a temperate mixed hardwood forest. Canadian Journal of Forest Research. 23:1402-1407. 1993
- Fluxes of greenhouse gases between soils and the atmosphere in a temperate forest following a simulated hurricane blowdown. Biogeochemistry Biogeochemistry. 21:61-71. 1993
- The Effects of Natural and Human Disturbances on Soil Nitrogen Dynamics and Trace Gas Fluxes in a Puerto Rican Wet Forest. Biotropica. 23:356-356. 1991
- Comparison of Two Static Chamber Techniques for Determining Carbon Dioxide Efflux from Forest Soils. Soil Science Society of America Journal. 54:1754-1754. 1990
- Influence of nitrogen fertilization on methane uptake in temperate forest soils. Nature Nature. 341:314-316. 1989
- Annual nitrous oxide fluxes from temperate forest soils in the northeastern United States. Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres. 95:13997-13997.
- Effects of nitrogen additions on annual nitrous oxide fluxes from temperate forest soils in the northeastern United States. Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres. 96:9321-9321.