- The fate of nitrogen and phosphorus at the land-sea margin of the North Atlantic Ocean. Biogeochemistry Biogeochemistry. 35:141-180. 1996
- Climatological and hydrographic influences on nearshore food webs off the southeastern United States: bacterioplankton dynamics. Continental Shelf Research. 8:1321-1344. 1988
- The asymmetric distribution of chlorophyll associated with a coastal upwelling center. Continental Shelf Research. 8:1155-1170. 1988
- Introduction. Progress in Oceanography. 19:221-230. 1987
- Summary and conclusions. Progress in Oceanography. 19:437-441. 1987
- Mesoscale hydrographic variability in the vicinity of Points Conception and Arguello during April–May 1983: The OPUS 1983 experiment. Journal of Geophysical Research. 91:12899-12899. 1986
- Phytoplankton dynamics within Gulf Stream intrusions on the southeastern United States continental shelf during summer 1981. Continental Shelf Research. 4:611-635. 1985
- The effect of summertime shelf break upwelling on nutrient flux in southeastern United States continental shelf waters. Journal of marine research. 42:969-993. 1984
- Cape Romain and the Charleston Bump: Historical and recent hydrographic observations. Journal of Geophysical Research. 88:4685-4697. 1983
- Effect of upwelling on phytoplankton productivity of the outer southeastern United States continental shelf. Continental Shelf Research. 1:385-404. 1983
- Role of Gulf Stream frontal eddies in forming phytoplankton patches on the outer southeastern shelf1. Limnology and Oceanography. 26:1103-1110. 1981
- Plankton productivity and the distribution of fishes on the southeastern u.s. Continental shelf.. Science Science. 214:352-353. 1981
- Fisheries and oceanography off Galicia, NW Spain: Mesoscale spatial and temporal changes in physical processes and resultant patterns of biological productivity. Journal of Geophysical Research. 100:10943-10943.
- Gulf Stream frontal eddy influence on productivity of the southeast U.S. continental shelf. Journal of Geophysical Research. 96:22191-22191.
- Ocean chlorophyll studies from a U-2 aircraft platform
- Variability of surface pigment concentrations in the South Atlantic Bight. Journal of Geophysical Research. 93:10675-10675.