- Satellite Remote Sensing in Support of an Integrated Ocean Observing System 2013
- CORRIGENDUM. Journal of Phycology. 42:513-513. 2006
- Light driven seasonal patterns of chlorophyll and nitrate in the lower euphotic zone of the North Pacific Subtropical Gyre. Limnology and Oceanography. 49:508-519. 2004
- Modelling the effect of temperature on the maximum growth rates of phytoplankton populations. Ecological Modelling. 153:197-215. 2002
- Phytoplankton chlorophyll distributions and primary production in the Southern Ocean. Journal of Geophysical Research. 105:28709-28722. 2000
- Role of late winter mesoscale events in the biogeochemical variability of the upper water column of the North Pacific Subtropical Gyre 2000
- The spring bloom in the Antarctic Polar Frontal Zone as observed from a mesoscale array of bio-optical sensors. Deep Sea Research Part II: Topical Studies in Oceanography. 47:3285-3314. 2000
- Location and dynamics of the Antarctic Polar Front from satellite sea surface temperature data. Journal of Geophysical Research. 104:3059-3073. 1999
- An overview of MODIS capabilities for ocean science observations. IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing. 36:1250-1265. 1998
- An analysis of chlorophyll fluorescence algorithms for the moderate resolution imaging spectrometer (MODIS). Remote Sensing of Environment. 58:215-223. 1996
- Observations of phytoplankton and nutrients from a Lagrangian drifter off northern California. Journal of Geophysical Research. 95:9393-9393. 1990
- Remote sensing of primary production—I. A comparison of empirical and semi-analytical algorithms 1989
- Bias in satellite-derived pigment measurements due to coccolithophores and dinoflagellates. Journal of Plankton Research. 11:575-581. 1989
- Estimating ocean primary production from satellite chlorophyll. Introduction to regional differences and statistics for the Southern California Bight. Journal of Plankton Research. 7:57-70. 1985
- Satellite observations of phytoplankton variability during an upwelling event. Continental Shelf Research. 4:661-680. 1985
- Mixing and the dynamics of the deep chlorophyll maximum in Lake Tahoe1. Limnology and Oceanography. 29:862-878. 1984
- In situ response of phytoplankton fluorescence to rapid variations in light1. Limnology and Oceanography. 27:218-225. 1982
- Impact of climate forcing on ecosystem processes in the North Pacific Subtropical Gyre. Journal of Geophysical Research. 112.
- PLANKTON PATCHINESS - BIOLOGY IN THE PHYSICAL VERNACULAR. Bulletin of Marine Science.
- Seasonal and nonseasonal variability of satellite-derived surface pigment concentration in the California Current. Journal of Geophysical Research. 95:11501-11501.
- Tidal and atmospheric forcing of the upper ocean in the Gulf of California: 1. Sea surface temperature variability. Journal of Geophysical Research. 96:18337-18337.
- Surface chlorophyll concentrations in relation to the Antarctic Polar Front: seasonal and spatial patterns from satellite observations. Journal of Marine Systems. 69-86. 2002
- Seasonal dynamics of phytoplankton in the Antarctic Polar Front region at 170°W. Deep Sea Research Part II: Topical Studies in Oceanography. 1843-1865. 2002