- A Conserved Role for Serotonergic Neurotransmission in Mediating Social Behavior in Octopus.. Current Biology Current Biology. 28:3136-3142.e4. 2018
- Structural and Functional Components of the Skate Sensory Organ Ampullae of Lorenzini.. ACS Chemical Biology. 13:1677-1685. 2018
- Rapid and gentle hydrogel encapsulation of living organisms enables long-term microscopy over multiple hours.. Commun Biol. 1:73. 2018
- Sequencing wild and cultivated cassava and related species reveals extensive interspecific hybridization and genetic diversity.. Nat Biotechnol. 34:562-570. 2016
- The octopus genome and the evolution of cephalopod neural and morphological novelties.. Nature Nature. 524:220-224. 2015
- Cephalopod culture: current status of main biological models and research priorities.. Advances in marine biology. 67:1-98. 2014
- The Lottia gigantea shell matrix proteome: re-analysis including MaxQuant iBAQ quantitation and phosphoproteome analysis.. Proteome Science. 12:28. 2014
- Insights into bilaterian evolution from three spiralian genomes.. Nature Nature. 493:526-531. 2013
- Cephalopod genomics: A plan of strategies and organization.. Stand Genomic Sci. 7:175-188. 2012
- In-depth proteomic analysis of a mollusc shell: acid-soluble and acid-insoluble matrix of the limpet Lottia gigantea.. Proteome Science. 10:28. 2012
- The improbability of dorso-ventral axis inversion during animal evolution, as presumed by Geoffroy Saint Hilaire. Contributions to zoology (Amsterdam, Netherlands : 1995). 71:29-36. 2002
- Ciliogenesis, neurogenesis, and the intersection of aneural and neural larval swimming behaviors in the genome-enabled marine snail Lottia gigantea. American Zoologist.
- Imaging the neuromuscular systems of cephalopod arms and suckers.. American Zoologist.
- Octocams: A simple scalable system for short-term to lifecycle monitoring of behavior in aquaria.. American Zoologist.
- Seamonster development: Comparative embryology and evolution of the bilateria.. Developmental Biology.
- Squid Monday: Characterizing population structure in Doryteuthis pealeii. American Zoologist.
- The D-quadrant organizer in spiralian development. Developmental Biology.
- The MBL-Complement pathway of innate immunity and its role in larval settlement and metamorphosis in the ascidian Boltenia villosa. American Zoologist.
- The development of radialized and twinned gastropod embryos and its implication for spiralian development.. American Zoologist.
- Why are cephalopod eggs so big? Testing viscosity and the functional limits of swimming in pygmy squid hatchlings.. American Zoologist.