- Review and assessment of latent and sensible heat flux accuracy over the global oceans. Remote Sensing of Environment. 201:196-218. 2017
- The Observed State of the Energy Budget in the Early Twenty-First Century. Journal of Climate. 28:8319-8346. 2015
- The Observed State of the Water Cycle in the Early Twenty-First Century. Journal of Climate. 28:8289-8318. 2015
- Effects of mesoscale eddies in the active mixed layer: test of the parametrisation in eddy resolving simulations. Geophysical & Astrophysical Fluid Dynamics. 109:281-310. 2015
- Sensitivity of infrared sea surface temperature retrievals to the vertical distribution of airborne dust aerosol. Remote Sensing of Environment. 159:1-13. 2015
- The Effect of Diurnal Sea Surface Temperature Warming on Climatological Air–Sea Fluxes. Journal of Climate. 26:2546-2556. 2013
- An update on Earth's energy balance in light of the latest global observations. Nature Geoscience. 5:691-696. 2012
- Variability of Tropical Diurnal Sea Surface Temperature*. Journal of Climate. 20:334-352. 2007
- SEAFLUX. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society. 85:409-424. 2004
- On the effect of surface gravity waves on mixing in the oceanic mixed layer. Ocean Modelling. 6:101-124. 2004
- Clouds, Radiation, and the Diurnal Cycle of Sea Surface Temperature in the Tropical Western Pacific. Journal of Climate. 9:1712-1730. 1996
- Satellite-Image-derived Gulf Stream Currents Compared with Numerical Model Results. Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology. 9:286-304. 1992
- An improved mixed layer model for geophysical applications. Journal of Geophysical Research. 99:25235-25235.
- Predicting near-surface atmospheric variables from Special Sensor Microwave/Imager using neural networks with a first-guess approach. Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres. 115.